Q. How do I assign a Scotch Loan Laptop in Web Help Desk? [ILT]
To give out a Loan Laptop to a student you will need to create a Ticket and assign the Loan as an Asset to the student through Web Help Desk (WHD) , also referred to as Service. You will also need to make sure that you fill out the Assigning a Loan Form.
- Log on to WHD , through Single Sign On. The URL for WHD is service.plc.wa.edu.au
- Create a ticket by selecting New Ticket.
- Select a Client in the Client Info tab; you can do this by searching by First Name, Last Name or User Name (UID). You will need to click Search, then select the correct Client from the list that appears.
- Selecting the Client from the list will auto fill the Client Info correctly.
- You will need to assign the Loan Laptop through the Asset Info tab. If you are taking the students Device to the Tech Centre you will need to select the correct Assigned Asset from the list.
- To Assign the Loan Laptop to the Student select Custom Fields in the Asset Look Up field, then enter the Number of the Loan (i.e. SCT...), then select Search. Select the correct Asset from the Search Results box.
- Both the Student Device and the Loan Laptop Assets, should appear in the Ticket Asset box. Select the Pencil for the Loan Laptop.
- Clicking the Pencil will bring up the Asset dialog, you need to assign the Client to the Loan Laptop. In the Client Look Up search for the client by First Name or Last Name; you must use the Search button. Then select the correct Client from the list. Both the Client and Scotch SS Loan, should appear as a client.
- Scroll to the bottom and press Save.
- In the Ticket Details tab, fill out all the Request Type information using the Drop Down boxes that appear (the number will change depending on the request type). Then fill in the Subject, and Request Details box with as much information as possible, including any troubleshooting you have tried. Include the asset number of the loan in this details box.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the Ticket Info page and click Save.
- Make sure your ticket has been saved correctly; it should come up with the Saved Successfully dialog. You will then have to assign the ticket using the Assigned Tech drop down box. If you're unsure who the correct Tech is, leave this field Blank.