Q. What is BrainPop Jr? [ILT]
BrainPop Jr. is an online animated video database where students from K-3 have the ability to watch and learn basic and specific knowledge, facts and education.
BrainPop Jr. is organised by Subject and covers;
- Reading & Writing
- Social Studies
- Arts & Technology
Each particular subject is organised by Sub-Sections dealing with more specific Sub-Areas. For examples, see below;
After selecting the appropriate sub-area of a particular subject. You are presented with the Log In dialogue box & Video Player
- To access the video you must first log in by inputting your correct Username and Password
- This gives you access to the video which may be streamed by pressing play.
- On the left of the video player is a small window of text that outlines the information that was supplied in the video.
- A link to lesson ideas are provided at the bottom of the text window.
- BrainPop Jr. is presented by Annie and Moby.
- Annie stating Key Information.
- Moby (a robot) Raises Questions to supplement the learning in a light hearted and comedic manner.
- BrainPop Jr.
- Uses relevant Graphics and Images to allow more visual interest to the students.
- Uses Simple definitions of Key Words for students to identify.
Benefits of BrainPop Jr.
- BrainPop Jr. is a great way to allow younger students to grasp an extensive range of topics easily. With a large range of subjects delivered in an entertaining and thoughtful manner; young students are able to easily grasp large concepts in simplified ways.
- Feel free to check out several linked free-to-view videos demonstrating BrainPop Jr. in the media tab.