Why does Google Chrome keep re-opening?
Google Chrome usually reopens after quitting due to plug ins that don't shut down properly. Plugins are essentially applications within Google Chrome - if they are shutting down incorrectly it can cause Google Chrome to continuously reopen. This can be solved by disabling the plug ins in the extensions window.
- Open Google Chrome . Click Chrome in the top left of your screen, and then select Preferences.
- Once this window appears, click Extensions (located on the left).
- All the plugins you have currently installed on Google Chrome will be displayed.
- Then simply disable the plugins by Unchecking All The Boxes. It should look similar to the image below.
- After your plugins have been disabled, Restart the application.
- If the problem still has not been resolved, you may need to update Google Chrome . Instructions can be found Here.
- If this doesn't resolve the issue, Reset the PRAM. Instructions can be found here or you can take your system to One Degree, who can provide further assistance.