Q. How do I recover a deleted file using CrashPlan?
Answered By: Brad Tyrrell Last Updated: Jan 09, 2020 Views: 234
By accessing the CrashPlan application you can restore deleted/corrupted/lost files(s) or folders to your computer from the last back up.
- Open up CrashPlan from your Applications Folder .
- CrashPlan will open and will look similar to below. To Restore your data, click the Get Files icon from the right.
- By default the most recent backup of files will be available. Should you wish to restore previous versions of the files you can do so by selecting the As Of Today button, and selecting a different date.
- Navigate through the folder structure to locate the files you wish to restore, you can also use the magnifying glass icon to search for files.
- To restore a complete folder, such as Desktop, check the box next to the folder, alternatively, clicking a folder will open the contents so that individual folders can be selected.
- Once you have checked the box next to the required files/folder select Get Files... this will open the Get Files Options page.
- You can change the location files will be restored to by selecting the drop down for Save selected files to.
- If you would like to restore a file with different permissions you can do so by selecting the Permissions option and overwriting an existing file with the same name can be achieved by selecting the If the file already exists option.
- Clicking Go will restore the selected files as per the options selected. If these options were not changed the default save location will be your Downloads folder.