Why isn't the CrashPlan icon appearing in my menu bar?
Your CrashPlan icon may not be visible for a variety of reasons. Most commonly:
- The application has not been installed properly onto the system; or
- CrashPlan's menu bar icon isn't activated in the application's preferences.
In order to make sure you can view CrashPlan at all times in the Menu Bar (top bar), and be aware of when backups are occurring, follow the steps below.
Verifying that CrashPlan is installed correctly
- If CrashPlan is installed correctly it will appear in the Applications Folder . If this is not the case, See 1 Degree Immediately to get this rectified.
- To make it visible in the Dock - Click and hold CrashPlan and drag the icon down into the Dock at the bottom of the desktop. Now you will be able to have easy access to the application at all times.
- Double Click to open CrashPlan in order to check that the application is running correctly.
Showing the CrashPlan icon in the Menu Bar
- Open CrashPlan from the Applications Folder .
- Select Preferences from the tool bar.
- Click to toggle the switch to the 'On' position next to Show Code42 status in menu bar for the CrashPlan icon to appear in the menu bar.