Q. How do I back up my data on CrashPlan?
Answered By: Brad Tyrrell Last Updated: Nov 15, 2019 Views: 116
Using CrashPlan to back up your data is simple. Your CrashPlan should already be configured to automatically back up your User Folder to the Scotch or PLC Servers in the background.
- To access CrashPlan, open it from your Applications Folder .
- Once the application has opened you will be presented with the panel below. From this panel you can view the progress of the current or recent backup.
- It is important to note the following things when backing up with CrashPlan:
- Back ups occur automatically, in the background, approximately every 15 minutes.
- As you cannot manually run CrashPlan, your network bandwidth will always be using data when backing up to the cloud (internet). It is very important to keep in mind that when backing up from Home, CrashPlan will always be using your Personal Bandwidth. However, this does not mean that it will use a lot of your bandwidth. Your CrashPlan has been designed to use as little bandwidth as possible when backing up off site (at home). When you are at school (on site) back ups will use maximum bandwidth for optimum back up speed and efficiency.
- To Restore your data, select Restore Files from the top right.
- Navigate through the folder structure to locate the files you wish to restore, you can also use the Magnifying Glass icon to search for files.
- Once you have selected the files you wish to restore click Restore Files... followed by Go. By default, your data will automatically be restored to your Desktop.