How do I restore files from CrashPlan at home?
Restoring files from home using CrashPlan is the same process as restoring files at school. However there are a couple of important things to consider when doing so:
- Restoring data requires a network connection. The software will use your personal network at home to access the school server in order to function.
- The Maximum total file size that can be restored at home is 500Mb.
- For home use, CrashPlan will be running at the lowest possible upload rate per hour. However, your personal network bandwidth will be used.
- For use at school, the highest upload rate will be used.
Therefore, it is recommended that you reserve your largest restores/backups at school to utilise the fastest network speeds and save your personal network data/bandwidth.
In order to restore files from Home:
- Open up CrashPlan from your Applications Folder
- CrashPlan will open and will look similar to below. To Restore your data, click the Get Files icon from the right.
- By default the most recent backup of files will be available. Should you wish to restore previous versions of the files you can do so by clicking the As Of Today button, and selecting a different date.
- Navigate through the folder structure to locate the files you wish to restore, you can also use the magnifying glass icon to search for files.
- To restore a complete folder, such as Desktop, check the box next to the folder. Alternatively, clicking a folder will open the contents so that individual folders can be selected.
- Once you have checked the box next to the required files/folder select Get Files... this will open the Get Files Options page.
- You can change the location files will be restored to by selecting the drop down for Save selected files to.
- If you would like to restore a file with different permissions you can do so by selecting the Permissions option and overwriting an existing file with the same name can be achieved by selecting the If the file already exists option.
- Clicking Go will restore the selected files as per the options selected, if these options were not changed the default save location will be your Downloads folder.