Q. How do I get my music from Garageband to iMovie?
Answered By: James Anthony Last Updated: Sep 16, 2019 Views: 2700
In order to transfer your Garageband soundtracks to iMovie , first you will have to convert the file to a .mp3 so that it can be opened in iTunes .
- Open the Garageband project you wish to use in your iMovie and click Share > Song to iTunes... .
- Name your document and Choose the Location where you wish to Save your document. Click Share.
- Open iTunes and the file you just created will appear under My Music.
- Now, Open iMovie and select Import Media.
- Find the iTunes .mp3 document you just created and select Import All.
- Now Create a New Project (or find the current project on which you are working).
- Select the theme (if you're making a new project) and click Create.
- Create a title and Select OK.
- In the top left hand corner Select the sound clip you wish to Add to the iMovie .
- Click and Drag this down to the bottom editing panel.
- The sound file has now been Added to your movie. You can edit it from this bottom panel if you need.